I offer several talks to WI, church groups, residential homes etc.
- Annoying ancestors – An anecdotal tale of what to look for and pitfalls to avoid
- Australian Gold Rush – How some of our ancestors left these shores to go to a brave new world and seek their fortune. Many never to return home again.
- Before the welfare state – institutions, home remedies and quack doctors
- Forgotten Women in Derby County Asylum – Together with an overview of Asylum life at Mickleover meet Emma, Catherine and Martha. You will also learn about Alice and Maud, who ‘recovered’ and returned to their everyday lives.
- History of the postcard – A plotted history of the humble postcard and it’s place in social history.
- The Last English Nobleman Hanged for Murder – A tale of wealth, separation, murder and a hanging centred on Staunton Harold Hall, Leicestershire.
What is it Quiz Each quiz is a collection of 20 bygone household items – can you guess what they are?
- What is it Quiz – Set 1
- What is it Quiz – Set 2
- What is it Quiz – Set 3
- What is it Quiz – Set 4
- £45 within a 10 mile radius (20 return trip)
- £50 within a 15 mile radius (30 round trip)
- £55 within a 20 mile radius (40 miles round trip)
Mileage calculated from Spondon. Please contact me to discuss the fee especially if the talk is for charity or for a group 12 people or smaller.
Happy to travel further as may be able to combine with a trip to the area. Please call to discuss.
- I provide all the necessary equipment for the talks/quizzes, i.e. projector, laptop, screen, extension lead, quiz sheets and pens.
- All talks / quizzes last approximately 40 – 50 minutes – plus time for questions / answers. Please contact me to discuss timings as all the above can be tailored to suit your needs.