With cancelled or delayed plans for 2020 looking forward is challenging as we have no real idea as to when social distancing will stop. Having delivered talks to various amazing groups, I have every hope that these diverse and important community groups will reconvene when the time is right.
With that in mind, I would like to reassure you that my prices for 2021 will remain the same as in 2020. Together with no increase, I am also offering;
From July I can deliver talks via ZOOM – these can be tailored between 25 to 45 minutes. A popular combination via Zoom is 30 minutes talk and 5 items from my household quizzes – approx 45 minutes in total.
Please contact me for details.
I am currently planning a few more history talks. All my presentations have a connection to a family ancestor so presently searching for that story to spark an exciting subject, hopefully, by the beginning of November.
Please take the best care you can to help you stay safe, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Sending best wishes,
I offer several talks to WI, Rotary, Community organisations and church groups etc. Booking form is at the bottom of this page. For a list of previous bookings please click here.
- Annoying ancestors – An anecdotal tale of what to look for and pitfalls to avoid when looking for your ancestors.
- Australian gold rush – How some of our ancestors left these shores to go to a brave new world and seek their fortune. Many never to return home again.
- Before the welfare state – institutions, home remedies and quack doctors.
- Forgotten women – Derby County Lunatic Asylum (New for Nov 2020) Together with an overview of Asylum life at Mickleover meet Emma, Catherine and Margaret. You will also learn about Alice and Maud, who ‘recovered’ and returned to their everyday lives.
- History of the postcard – A potted history of the humble postcard and place in social history. This includes a look at a collection of saucy seaside cartoon postcards.
- How many children!!! – A look at large families in the 19th century and the implications for the parents, especially the mothers. (New for December 2020)
- The last English nobleman hanged for murder – A tale of wealth, marriage, separation and a murder, centred on Staunton Harold Hall, Leicestershire and The Palace of Westminster.
What is it Quiz
Each quiz is a collection of 20 bygone household items – can you guess what they are?
- What is it Quiz – Set 1
- What is it Quiz – Set 2
- What is it Quiz – Set 3
- What is it Quiz – Set 4
- What is it Quiz – Set 5 (new in 2019)
- What is it Quiz – Set 6 (new for 2020)
Fee 2020 / 2021 inc travel mileage to venue – Please call to discuss fees or mention any concerns in the comments section of booking contact form.
Happy to travel further than the 25 miles (50 round trip) as may be able to combine with a trip to the area. Thank you.
- Zoom meetings £40
- £50 – up to 10 miles
- £55 – 11 to 15 miles
- £60 – 16 to 20 miles
- £65 – 21 to 25 miles
- I provide all the necessary equipment for the talks/quizzes, i.e. projector, laptop, screen, extension lead, quiz sheets and pencils.
- All talks / quizzes last approximately 45 – 50 minutes – plus time for questions / answers. Please contact me to discuss timings as all the above can be tailored to suit your needs.